- This website can be accessed at www.KZNKnifemakers, related mobile-sites (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by Anthony Topham (“KZNKnifemakers”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
- This Sellers Policy is complimentary to the Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
- The Website offers a comprehensive Seller Portal and hassle-free end-to-end solutions, including returns, and safe payment methods, thereby enabling you to sell online an extensive range of handmade custom knives and more (“Goods”).
Fees & Payments
Sellers may be charged for using some of KZNKnifemakers’ services.
Types of Fees
Sellers may be required to pay the following types of fees. Please note that all fees are listed exclusive of any value – added tax (VAT) that may apply. These cover transactional costs, customer support and all-round platform support.
- Transaction Fees: When you make a sale through KZNKnifemakers, you will be charged a transaction fee as calculated as a % of the ZAR VAT exclusive selling price per item sold. This fee will be credited for returned items.
- Knives: 6%
- Courses: 6%
- Listing Fees: Waived
- Advertising and Promotional Fees: TBC
- Currency Conversion: For any non-ZAR payments received, currency conversion fees may be charged at the market rate at the time and deducted from your account.
- Shipping/fulfilment fees: There are no fees associated with the fulfillment of orders as these are for your account as a Third-Party seller.
- Storage fees: There are no fees associated with the storage of goods, as we do not offer the storage of Goods. The temporary exception being to facilitate the return of the goods.
Any action by a seller to avoid paying a fee is considered fee avoidance and is strictly prohibited by KZNKnifemakers. This includes, for example, encouraging buyers to purchase an item in your KZNKnifemakers shop through another avenue. A transaction initiated on KZNKnifemakers may not be completed offline of KZNKnifemakers. The price stated in each listing description must be an accurate representation of the sale. Sellers may not alter the item’s price after a sale for the purpose of avoiding KZNKnifemakers transaction fees, misrepresent the item’s location, or use another user’s account without permission.
Timings (How long before funds are available for settlement):
- Yoco: Settlements via Yoco are done after three (3) days from the purchase date.
- Zapper: Settlements via Zapper are done once a week (Monday).
Settlement of funds from sales:
Once funds are available, settlement of the revenues (minus fees) resulting from sales on the website, will be transferred to you as a Third-Party Seller via EFT / Bank Transfer (provided you have completed your Bank Details in your Store Settings).
Payment is sent to the provided account details, so ensure that these are entered correctly as KZNKnifemakers will not be liable for lost monies resulting from payment to an incorrect account.
Listing your Goods on KZNKnifemakers
If you sell goods on KZNKnifemakers, you are solely responsible for ensuring that all of your listings are properly categorised, and you agree to indemnify KZNKnifemakers for any losses it incurs in connection with any miscategorisation of your listings by you.
- We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
- KZNKnifemakers shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our Goods displayed on any third-party websites.
Being Transparent About Your Business
At KZNKnifemakers, we value transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items and your business. As a Third-Party seller, you agree to:
- Disclose in your Shop Description the names and roles of people who help make your items or run your business;
- Use your own words and photographs (not stock photos) to describe your items; and
- Respond to any enquiries from us in a timely manner.
Remember: Our marketplace is built on trust. Providing false, inaccurate, or misleading information is prohibited. If we find that you’re not being open and honest with us, we may suspend or terminate your account.
This Delivery Policy explains your delivery obligations as a seller.
Sellers are solely responsible for dispatching their sold items to buyers. If you’re using a delivery or fulfilment service, please keep in mind that you are ultimately responsible for making sure that your buyers receive their orders.
By selling on KZNKnifemakers, you agree to:
- Dispatch items promptly after they are sold. Prompt delivery means that you dispatch each item within 10 days of purchase unless you specify otherwise in your processing time or agree to a different delivery period with the buyer through Messages. Before you update your processing time for a specific order, you must first obtain your buyer’s consent.
- Comply with all local and international delivery and customs regulations.
- Dispatch to the address listed on the KZNKnifemakers receipt.
- Mark the order as dispatched when you dispatch it. Remember that you may only mark an order as dispatched after you actually have dispatched it. When you mark an order as dispatched, the buyer will receive a notification.
- Take out appropriate insurance to protect your packages.
By entering tracking information or delivery confirmation on KZNKnifemakers, you’re giving us permission to collect and share this data received from your chosen delivery carrier with the buyer.
In the unlikely event an order does not arrive, be prepared to provide valid proof of dispatch. Valid proof of dispatch must show that the item actually was dispatched and that it was sent to the address provided on KZNKnifemakers. If a buyer does not receive their order, they may file a case against your shop under the Terms & Conditions.
Ownership and copyright
Rights You Grant KZNKnifemakers. By posting Your Content, you grant KZNKnifemakers a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content. This allows us to provide the Services and to promote KZNKnifemakers, your KZNKnifemakers shop, or the Services in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any KZNKnifemakers Services, our partners, or third-party website or advertising medium. You agree not to assert any moral rights or rights of publicity against us for using Your Content. You also recognise our legitimate interest in using it, in accordance with the scope of this license, to the extent Your Content contains any personal information.
Termination by You. We’d hate to see you go, but you may terminate your account with KZNKnifemakers at any time. Terminating your account will not affect the availability of some of Your Content that you posted through the Services prior to termination. Oh, and you’ll still have to pay any outstanding bills.
Termination by KZNKnifemakers. We may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice. If we do so, it’s important to understand that you don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Services, for example, to sell or buy on our websites or mobile apps. KZNKnifemakers may refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason.
If you or KZNKnifemakers terminate your account, you may lose any information associated with your account, including Your Content.
We May Discontinue the Services. KZNKnifemakers reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue any of the Services at any time, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the Services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the Services.
Survival. The Terms will remain in effect even after your access to the Service is terminated, or your use of the Service ends.
We hope this never happens, but if KZNKnifemakers gets sued because of something that you did, you agree to defend and indemnify us. That means you’ll defend KZNKnifemakers (including any of our employees) and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand (including reasonable lawyer’s fees) that arises from your actions, your use (or misuse) of our Services, your breach of the Terms, or your account’s infringement of someone else’s rights.
We reserve the right to handle our legal defense however we see fit, even if you are indemnifying us, in which case you agree to cooperate with us so we can execute our strategy.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any dispute arising between you and KZNKnifemakers, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (KwaZulu-Natal, Pietermaritzburg) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
- Nothing in this clause or the Terms and Conditions limits your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- KZNKnifemakers may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
- Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.